Please read the following very carefully if you want some BTC for your work, as I will only be paying for submissions that follow these rules
- Check the current submissions page to see if someone has beaten you to it. Do some ctrl-f and look for misspellings etc etc. I can't approve all submissions instantly, so I will be batching them up. Also, if I run out of BTC, then you may see yours in a pending state - don't fret that's me just saying that I'll be confirming it shortly. If someone has written it already, but poorly, then I'll probably choose your submission.
So .. it's not in the main list or on the current submissions list. You now need to
- Find out if the "source" is already in the database - check the source "fungible" page for this.
A fungible thing is something that can be traded - eg currency, gold, stocks, bitcoins etc etc. If it *is* already on the list (eg paypal), then make sure that you use the shortcode in the "source" box. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
- It may be the case that your conversion mechanism goes through some intermediary steps (ie not just USD -> BITCOINS, eg. for paypal you need to go via 2nd life linden dollars at virwox). If that is the case, then please submit two (or more) entries,
and make sure that you use the same text for "destination" for the first entry as the "source" for the second entry. You will only get rewarded for a complete "chain" though.
- If the conversion mechanism has an API to get the current rates, then include that.
- URLs are obviously mandatory !!
- The fee structure is very important. If it's flat percentage fee, then make that clear. Some fees are of the form x% - y USD - make that clear too! (as well as max, min fee levels).
- If you hadn't guessed, I like the word fungible.
- A lot of exchanges are at least 2 step. For example, Mt Gox, the first step is transferring your cash into their holding account, then second step is to then use their exchange to convert your balance with them into BTC.
- Currently this is just for how to get things into bitcoins, not back out. That's phase 2.
- You can submit as many as you want, so if you are an bitcoin fountain of knowledge... starting adding them here